Monday, October 19, 2009

I like soup.

I don't want to just sit and wait for the big changes to come along (fingers crossed for that government job!) so I'm making sure to throw in a few little ones, to keep life spicy.

I'm learning to use a slow cooker. And not just use it, but to eat the foods that come out of it without fear. I've always equated slow cooked foods with foods that have sat around a long time at a low temperature. Unattended. As in possibly teeming with bacteria from time spent in the 'danger zone'... Oh god.

I don't understand why I'm so squigged out by this. Food poisoning, it's not so bad right? And it's not like you can even see the germs wiggling about on your food, or even taste them. It's just the knowing. Knowing can be a terrible thing.

All of the following are terrible things: knowing, not knowing, waiting, a life of no antici pation, food poisoning, anti-soup.

2 comments:

  1. Im having a halloween party and am making a kitty litter cake...I'll send you pics of it, could you eat a kitty litter cake? Fake germs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another terrible thing:
    knowing, seeing it coming, and being unable to get out of the way ~
    think deer in the headlights...

    I've done the food-poisoning bit - apparently, we all survived (not fun at the time, but...)

    Just remember,
    you can't let the bugs get you down!

    ReplyDelete