Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hodgepodges and 'Penned'ing.

I need my glasses to find my glasses.


My least favourite part of 'Intervention' is the intervention.


I jog twice a week. I don't know how this happened.


People in this town walk their dogs at 5am.


I always leave less then a glass' worth of wine in the bottle at the end of a fun night. I don't know why I don't just polish 'er off.


I think I'll try to rock intentionally dorky glasses on my next spectacle purchase.


I bought myself this book, even though it was supposed to be my treat if I felt I did good on my interview. I had to get it though, either way. The cover is pretty. And the poems in it are animal poems, by some of my favourite poets. I've only lightly skimmed through it, but I like the cohesiveness of the collection and how all the pieces fit with the whole and play into and support themes of 'zoo-ness'. It feels dynamic but solid, finished, complete. I like it a lot, it's very much a 'me' anothology.

Confession: I've only read 3 poems in it. I'm a terrible critic right now. But the cover is pretty.

I want to devour this book. But I'll use it as a tool to get my own writing on track. No 'Penned' poems until I write a poem. Poems. Do it.

1 comment:

  1. Jogging, oh we should sign up to do a marathon together, ok maybe 1/2 marathon...ok a 1/4 marathon...do they do 1/8 marathons???? lol

    ReplyDelete